Ghost Communications Part 2

The rest of the time spent with Gill was at her home where I got to see the design happen. Her usual day is to get up and organise her diary and plan the day ahead. At around 9 Rob joins her on skype from his home in Paris and they set to work prioritising what briefs have to be done when etc. and what the plan of the day is. Of course their days run differently so both has to accommodate family life into it, but a usual day is spent screen sharing on their macs whilst individually getting on with work. This was so interesting to me, as I got to speak to Rob and watch him designing on Gill's screen at the same time. Like me, however, they prefer to work solidly at projects together for hours later in the evening when the rest of the house sleeps and they can concentrate on decision making together, so obviously I didn't see that, but what I did see during the days was a massive motivation boost for me. I loved the idea of creating a studio space at home.

Rob was working on a website design for a salon company so I watched him designing on Illustrator and play around with ideas while Gill was busy with other clients, such as a local businessman wanting a logo and business card design creating, and an events company wanting a web design. She was often on the phone to them, so I got to hear how to deal with clients with questions or changes they'd like to be made. It was all really insightful and as decisions were being made, they included me in the discussions to see what I thought and I felt like I learned a lot in a short space of time.

Unfortunately examples of their work isn't up as an online portfolio yet, but while I was there Gill showed me work that they have done for clients both in the UK and in Paris so hopefully I can show a few examples up on here soon.

Here is their printed identity of who they are and what they do that is also on their website:


Flyer























Business Card

No comments:

Post a Comment