Diverse Placement

Today was my first day working with Diverse Design & Communications and I was set the task of working on a proposal design layout of a yearbook/prospectus for Silcoates school in Wakefield. My designs will be taken to the school for them to decide if that's the look they want to go for so it was very much a client driven brief with a set of guidelines I had to follow. I really enjoyed working in this way as I have only worked on one live brief before this where the client had a big input on the overall design, so this was great experience.

Sue, the designer at Diverse, gave me the main outline of the brief and there were certain restrictions from Silcoates, such as ensuring I use the school colour throughout, use Lucida Sans font with no uppercase, etc. I set to work on the cover design and one section within the publication that will be presented as an example to Silcoates. Throughout the day I created several versions that followed their rules, but I did try to be a bit more visually creative with how I could show these and stretch the boundaries.

Here is the chosen cover design (for now) and a couple of my ideas for the section spread that we decided to go with and plan to work on further on Monday when I go back:





No comments:

Post a Comment