Photography Portfolio

I decided to create a separate photography portfolio as I would love to learn more and find possible placement opportunities with existing local photographers as well as designers.



I emailed 2 photographers saying that I would be very grateful if they could spare just 5 minutes of their time to take a quick look through my portfolio attached and give me any kind of feedback about how I'm doing and any advice about how I can begin to get my name and work out there.

They replied almost straight away with positive responses.

The first - a locally based photographer, Justin Slee - said thankyou and that he will have a look through and get back to me very soon.

................................................................

Colin Prior, a landscape photographer, gave me some great advice if I were to go down the route of location photography:

Thanks for your mail and your portfolio. Any great work grows from a passion and I would encourage you to pursue photographic subjects with which you have some sort of emotional response. The next stage is to evolve a style, a recognisable 'thumbprint' and that will take time and effort. If you are not inspired by the subject matter before you, how are others likely to be when they see your work. The problem that most aspiring photographers face is how to get noticed and how to make any return from passion!

................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment